freeDive updates and future plans
Hardly seems like a month has passed since the launch of freeDive. We're pleased at how quickly it has caught on and that it's in use, especially as an experimental product.
Here are a few examples:
- masslive published campaign contributions for US Rep Richard Neal and challenger Andrea Nuciforo.
- The Salt Lake Tribune published Utah campaign contributions to the Romney campaign
- WPTV in Palm Beach published more than 35,000 records of doctors reprimanded in other states who practice medicine in Florida
- NorthJersey.com published standardized test scores for high school students and school aid figures.
freeDive tips and tricks
Check out this tutorial for techniques to get the most out of freeDive. It includes preloading results on a page, embedding images and links and using live data. If there's something else that you want, be sure to let us know in the comments. We'll add more items as time permits.
A big round of thanks goes out to everyone who offered feedback and support. It helped us build a list of changes and features that we want to implement. Some changes are already in place and others will take place over the next few months. Here's a look at what you can expect:
- Make headline editable - Done
- Make numeric search optional - Done
- Make explanatory text editable - Within 30 days
- Create option for search button that alternates between "Search" and "See all records" if no search terms are entered. - Done
- Create pulldown options for primary search - Expected in Beta version
- Make the second and third filters optional. - Done
- Allow each filter to be changed to any type (numeric slider, pick list or text filter). - Done
- Create loading message for users when requesting a large number of records. - Done
- Charting options: Ability to draw bar, scatter plots and other graphs dynamically based on search results. – Bar and bubble charts are done. More are in the works
- International language support (some special characters cause freeDive to break). – Expected in Beta version.