The Columbia Journalism Review published a profile of the accomplishments of InvestigateWest's first year of operation. The CJR article commends the Seattle-based investigative news site, co-founded by KDMC@Berkeley workshop graduates Rita Hibbard (Dec '09) Robert McClure (Jan '10) and Kristen Young (Jun '10), for establishing respectability and esteem from news partners in the region. Rita Hibbard is also ...
about this blog
Observations on digital media by the faculty and staff of the Knight Digital Media Center at UC Berkeley.
- Code Now: Programming for Non-Programmers
- Video Storytelling
- October 30-01 Video is visual content. Learn to create engaging video that viewers will watch.
- Social Media for Content Creators
- December 15-17 The power of social media and storytelling to create engaged communities.
- Visualizing Data for Storytellers: Mapping
- January 06-07 Learn to combine data with maps to tell a compelling story.
- Advanced Data Visualization: Mapping
- January 08-09 Take your data mapping skills to new levels with layered, interactive story maps.
- Multimedia Storytelling Institute 2015
- June 15-26 Become an inspired digital media producer.
- Visualizing Data for Storytellers: Charts & Infographics
- September 26-27 Learn to create audience engaging charts & infographics.
Building the next generation of new media leaders. Learn more
what we do
kdmcBerkeley at the University of California Berkeley is the leading professional development program specializing in digital media training for journalists, communication professionals and educators. Based in the Graduate School of Journalism, kdmcBerkeley provides workshops and custom training in storytelling, social media, data visualization, photojournalism, video, and other interactive media technologies for new media leaders.