I was contacted recently by a woman from University of West Scotland who was doing an assessment on the role of journalists in multimedia newsrooms, and she wanted to get an educator's perspective. She sent me the five following questions. I thought my responses might have broader interest, so I decided to use them in this week's blog post.
about this blog
Observations on digital media by the faculty and staff of the Knight Digital Media Center at UC Berkeley.
- Video Storytelling
- May 29-31 Create compelling stories with video from storyboard to screen.
- Multimedia Storytelling Institute 2013
- June 10-21 Two weeks of in-depth, digital media training.
- Data Complexity & Context Symposium
- May 04 Trends and implications in data journalism.
- Free-Online Data Journalism Workshops
- February 20 View online recorded presentations of data viz events.
Build embeddable, searchable databases with Google spreadsheets. Get started
Broadcast Media Custom Training
Building the next generation of broadcast media. Learn more
kdmcBerkeley at UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism trains communications professionals to innovate, engage and serve communities using the latest tools, technologies and social media practices.