The Knight Digital Media Center's first-ever Tech Training for Editors workshop has come and gone. Judging by comments and reviews by the participants, our first effort at teaching map mashups, podcasting, micro-blogging, and other internet technologies to editors was a success (though there's always room for improvement!) Program director Lanita Pace-Hinton assembled this multimedia slideshow picturing the fellows hard at work.
about this blog
Observations on digital media by the faculty and staff of the Knight Digital Media Center at UC Berkeley.
- Visualizing Data for Storytellers: Charts & Infographics
- September 26-27 Learn to create audience engaging charts & infographics.
- Code Now: Programming for Non-Programmers
- Visualizing Data for Storytellers: Mapping
- October 17-18 Map your data.
- Video Storytelling
- October 30-01 Video is visual content. Learn to create engaging video that viewers will watch.
- Multimedia Storytelling Institute 2015
- June 15-26 Become an inspired digital media producer.
Building the next generation of new media leaders. Learn more
what we do
kdmcBerkeley at the University of California Berkeley is the leading professional development program specializing in digital media training for journalists, communication professionals and educators. Based in the Graduate School of Journalism, kdmcBerkeley provides workshops and custom training in storytelling, social media, data visualization, photojournalism, video, and other interactive media technologies for new media leaders.