About Kathleen Haley
HALEY, KATHLEEN covered city politics and public services for The Sacramento Press from April 2009 to June 2011. Haley’s freelance work has appeared in publications including the San Francisco Chronicle, Salon.com and the Santa Cruz Sentinel. She worked as a staff reporter for The Tribune (San Luis Obispo County) from 2001 to 2002. Haley holds a master's degree in journalism from the University of British Columbia, and a bachelor's degree in literature from the University of California, Santa Cruz. She is excited to learn new ways to spur community and civic awareness through online journalism. Haley resists the old idea that journalists should be world-weary curmudgeons. She enjoys her work and looks forward to meeting you.
- Occupation: Journalist
- Organization: The Sacramento Press (April 2009-June 2011)
- Location: San Francisco, CA 94122 USA
- Website: http://www.sacramentopress.com/user/KathleenHaley
- Twitter: Kathleen_Haley
- Was accepted for Jan 09-14 2011 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Kathleen Haley:
- Residents discuss redistricting issues 
A group of nearly 40 residents and city staffers held an in-depth discussion on the city’s redistricting process Monday night at the Ethel Hart Senior Center. Residents explored a range of topics, including the role of race in the process.
- Ashby's District 1 grew 123 percent 
Sacramento City Councilwoman Angelique Ashby’s district has grown 123 percent since 2000, skyrocketing from a population of 47,670 in 2000 to a population of 106,729 in 2010. But it won’t stay that way for much longer – the city intends to chop it up in this year’s redistricting process.
- Create an online redistricting map 
Sacramento residents can use the city’s online tools to carve up the eight City Council districts and present their redistricting ideas to city leaders.
- City Council aims to lessen police budget cuts 
The Sacramento Police Officers Association protests the city's proposals to lay off cops and make other budget cuts to the Sacramento Police Department.
Content on this site written by Kathleen Haley (includes contributory writing):
- Back to the Roots Ventures - Grow Your Own Mushrooms
- UC Berkeley’s Haas School of Business graduates Alex Velez and Nikhil Arora have created a un umbrella of sustainable businesses thanks to the San Francisco Bay Area’s devotion to coffee. ...