About Margarita Persico
Margarita Persico is an independent writer with special interest in investigative and multimedia journalisim. She is passionate about what makes the world tick. She is a freelance writer, researcher, media producer who also works in public relations, and is a nonprofit communicator, foodista, writer, student of many things, sometimes teacher to friends and colleagues, fully bilingual (Spanish and English with working knowledge of Portuguese and a little Italian). She is a wife, friend, aunt and cousin to many. She is the founder of The Healthy Dish. Some of her work is featured at: http://www.margaritapersico.com/ and at http://www.thehealthydish.com/.
- Occupation: Freelancer
- Organization: Freelance
- Location: MA
- Website: http://www.thehealthydish.com/
- Twitter: thehealthydish
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/groups/thehealthydish/
- Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/margaritapersico
- Was accepted for Jun 13-17 2011 Web 2.0 Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Margarita Persico:
- Corn — a precious commodity on the table, in the tank 
After participating at the KDMC’s fellowship “boot camp” the following week I put into practice and incorporated multimedia techniques I learned: video, map, chart and Storify. I linked the food aspect of this story to the importance of this commodity as a fuel alternative. “Corn is one of the most important commodities in the world. It is in products such as glue, makeup and alternative fuels…”
- Weepin’ Willie: Requiem for a bluesman 
Weepin’ Willie Robinson, a bluesman and one of the New England scene’s most revered figures dies in a fire while smoking his last cigarette. Robinson, 81, the son of a sharecropper, an Army veteran, and a beloved bluesman lived a complicated live. During a “memorial jam” in his honor, “a steady stream of colleagues and friends... describe Robinson as a gentle, kind and beloved charmer. At the same time, other tales paint him as the proverbial “rolling stone,” a man who left his wife to raise their eight kids alone while he set out for a music career in the blues bars of Boston."
Content on this site written by Margarita Persico (includes contributory writing):
- New Suburbia
- Please replace this placeholder text. Please replace this placeholder text. Please replace this placeholder text. Please replace this placeholder text. Please replace this placeholder text. Please replace this placeholder text. ...