About Alex Figueroa
FIGUEROA, ALEX is a sports writer at the Primera Hora, a 125,000-circulation daily newspaper that covers Puerto Rico. His responsibilities include covering sports, designing pages for the print edition and more recently assignments related to the newspaper’s coverage for the Web. Alex graduated from the University of Puerto Rico with a degree in Communications. His first experience on the field was at the University’s monthly newspaper as a photographer. He also has worked for Spain’s EFE News Agency and El Diario/La Prensa newspaper in New York. Alex now lives in San Juan with his wife Olga and his one-year-old son Alex. He is working on his Master’s in History at the Center for Advance Studies of Puerto Rico and the Caribbean. He also enjoys listening to music, dancing, swimming, learning about technology and playing with Alex Jr.
- Occupation: Journalist
- Organization: Primera Hora (daily newspaper)
- Location: San Juan, PR 00966 USA
- Website: http://www.primerahora.com/
- MSN Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Google Talk: hispanicpress
- Was accepted for Jul 06-11 2008 Multimedia Training.
- Was accepted for Dec 14-18 2009 Web 2.0 Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Alex Figueroa:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Alex Figueroa (includes contributory writing):
- Creative Growth
- Creative Growth sparked a movement in the 1970s for artists with disabilities. The Oakland-based center has blossomed into a studio and gallery with international reach that today remains focused on ...