About George Kelly
KELLY, GEORGE is the online coordinator at Bay Area News Group-East Bay's Contra Costa Times, a 160,000-circulation newspaper that covers San Francisco's East Bay. His responsibilities include offering best-practices advice on blogging; moderating site forums, polls and reader-generated content; and collating the Sunday paper's "online extras" section. Kelly is a native of Washington, D.C., and graduated with a bachelor's in mass communications from Bowie State University. His first newspaper job was a Chips Quinn Scholar internship at the Oakland Tribune, which led to stints as an education and general assignment reporter for the Tri-Valley Herald in Pleasonton, CA. He returned to Pleasanton two years later to work on ANG Newspapers' universal copy desk as an editor and paginator before leaving for online copy-editor shifts at thestandard.com and Salon.com. He joined the Times in 2001 as a copy editor and paginator and most recently worked as the paper's first morning online reporter. He enjoys social media, songwriting and yearly jaunts to Austin, Texas, for South by Southwest's Interactive Festival.
- Occupation: Online coordinator
- Organization: Bay Area News Group-East Bay
- Location: Oakland, CA 94606 USA
- Website: http://www.allaboutgeorge.com
- AOL Instant Messenger: allaboutgeorge
- Yahoo Messenger: allaboutgeorge
- Google Talk: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Was accepted for Apr 15-18 2008 Technology Training for Reporters.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by George Kelly:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by George Kelly (includes contributory writing):