About Amy Sweeney
SWEENEY, AMY became director of photography at the Eagle TribunePublishing Co. in 2006. She oversees the company's centralized department of 21 photographers who shoot for four daily newspapers, four weekly newspapers and their websites. She has been a photojournalist for more than 20 years, starting as a shooter for three weekly newspapers north of Boston. In 1985, she became photography editor of The Gloucester Daily Times in Gloucester, MA. In 1991, Sweeney moved to The Beverly Times in Beverly, MA where she shared her job with another photographer for 11 years while her children were young. In 2003, she became photography editor of the Salem News, in Salem, MA. Sweeney is a graduate of the Newhouse School of Communication at Syracuse University. She attended the Stan Kalish Picture Editing Workshop in 2004. She enjoys biking, traveling, and cooking.
- Occupation: Director of Photography
- Organization: Eagle Tribune Publishing Company
- Location: Danvers, MA 01923 USA
- Was accepted for Jan 06-11 2008 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Amy Sweeney:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Amy Sweeney (includes contributory writing):
- East Bay Vivarium
- East Bay Vivarium provides a community gathering place for human beings and the snakes, frogs, lizards, and spiders who are their companions.