About Ben Garvin
GARVIN, BEN is a staff photographer and videographer for the Pioneer Press in St. Paul, Minnesota. His work has appeared in Time Magazine, Newsweek, People, US News, The New York Times, The Washington Post, and others. He has been a featured speaker for the National Press Photographers Association and numerous universities. His recognitions include 2007 Minnesota Photographer of the Year and 1st place awards in the National Press Photographers Association, the Minnesota and New England Press Photographers Associations, the Associated Press and the Society for Newspaper Design. He earned a degree in visual journalism from the Rochester Institute of Technology and, before moving to Minnesota, worked for the Christian Science Monitor in Boston and the Concord Monitor in New Hampshire. Garvin lives in South Minneapolis with his lovely wife Jessica and two boys. His work is online at www.bengarvin.com.
- Occupation: photojournalist
- Organization: Pioneer Press
- Location: Minneapolis, MN 55407 US
- Website: http://www.bengarvin.com
- Google Talk: bengarvin
- Was accepted for Jul 06-11 2008 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Ben Garvin:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Ben Garvin (includes contributory writing):
- Ailey Camp
- Eighty-five kids from the Bay Area's toughest neighborhoods spend six weeks learning to dance and to understand themselves at AileyCamp, sponsored by Cal Performances.