About Heidi Chang
Heidi Chang is an award-winning multimedia journalist, who contributes stories about Hawaii and the Pacific Rim for radio, TV, print, and online media.
Her reports have aired on National Public Radio, Public Radio International’s The World and Living on Earth, Voice of America, Marketplace, AP Radio, the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation and other news sources.
Heidi has worked in TV news in San Francisco, Seattle and Honolulu, and as a field producer for national programs, including ABC's "Good Morning America."
She’s also written for the Honolulu Advertiser, Honolulu Star-Bulletin, Honolulu Magazine, Pacific Business News, and other publications.
Along the way, Heidi has lived in Europe, and traveled in Africa and Asia. As an East-West Center fellow, she reported on her journey in China. She began her media career hosting popular radio shows in Hawaii.
- Occupation: Multimedia Journalist & Producer
- Organization: Honolulu, Hawaii
- Location: Honolulu, HI 96821 USA
- Website: http://heidichang.com/
- Twitter: HeidiKLChang
- Facebook: heidichang.hawaii
- Was accepted for May 22-27 2005 Multimedia Training.
- Was accepted for Dec 14-18 2009 Web 2.0 Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Heidi Chang:
- Hawaii Five-0 World Premiere on Waikiki Beach 2010 
Heidi Chang takes you to the world premiere of the new Hawaii Five-0, Hawaiian style. Meet the show's cast members, Alex O'Loughlin, Scott Caan, Daniel Dae Kim, Grace Park and Taryn Manning, and executive producer Peter Lenkov, as they stroll down the red carpet on Waikiki Beach. Also joining them on stage: Executive producers Robert Orci and Alex Kurtzman. Heidi produced, wrote and narrated the video for Honolulu Municipal Television.
- Hawaii Ukulele Festival (Audio story and video performane) 
Heidi Chang takes you to the 40th annual Ukulele Festival in Hawaii. The instrument has seen a resurgence lately around the globe, thanks in part to musician Jake Shimabukuro. Listen to the audio story Heidi produced for Public Radio International's The World. You can also watch a slideshow of the festival and video Heidi produced of Jake Shimabukuro performing "While My Guitar Gently Weeps."
- TV, film producers hang ten in Hawaii (Audio story) 
Hawaii has long been known as a tourist destination, but lately it's becoming a hub for TV and film production. And now the show that put Hawaii on the map in the 60s and 70s, is back. Thousands turned out for the premiere of the new “Hawaii Five-0” on Waikiki Beach. Listen to the audio story Heidi Chang produced for Marketplace Radio.
Content on this site written by Heidi Chang (includes contributory writing):
- Tele-Immersion: Virtually Being There
- What if people in different places could come together in the same virtual space?