About Cheryl Gibbs
GIBBS, CHERYL is assistant director of the journalism program at Miami University, a public university in Ohio. In addition to teaching a wide range of courses, she coordinates the Miami-Whitewater Valley Public Media Project, a collaboration in which students in upper-level journalism classes produce multimedia content for news organizations in the Miami-Whitewater Valley area of southwestern Ohio and eastern Indiana. She has lived in eight states, worked for three newspapers and one television station. Nineteen years ago, she started teaching at the college level as an adjunct, while serving as city editor for her last newspaper, The Palladium-Item in Richmond, IN. Before joining the faculty at Miami, she founded the journalism program at Earlham College in Richmond. She earned her bachelor's degree in theater at the University of Minnesota and her master's degree in journalism at Ball State University. She is currently a doctoral student studying history.
- Occupation: journalism professor
- Organization: Miami University (of Ohio)
- Location: Richmond, IN 47374 USA
- Was accepted for Mar 22-27 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Cheryl Gibbs:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Cheryl Gibbs (includes contributory writing):
- Games of Berkeley
- Games of Berkeley is a popular shop located just a block from the UC campus in the heart of Downtown Berkeley, just above the BART station. The selection is extensive ...