About Claire Ward
WARD, CLAIRE is an associate editor at Maclean’s magazine, a 350,000-circulation news weekly that covers news and politics in Canada. Her responsibilities include editing and managing the daily flow of copy on macleans.ca, producing video, and reporting and writing for the print magazine. Her latest investigation, which she hopes to turn into a short documentary, will look at the prevalence of mobility scooters and the role of healthcare providers in poor communities across Canada. Previously, Claire freelanced as a writer and fact-checker for publications including the Globe and Mail, The Walrus, and This Magazine. Claire was raised in the Netherlands and has a degree in English Literature from Queen’s University in Kingston, Ontario.
- Occupation: Associate Editor
- Organization: Maclean's magazine
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- Website: http://www.macleans.ca/
- Twitter: thementalward
- Was accepted for May 15-20 2011 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Claire Ward:
- From Fellini to Lady Gaga: a new exhibit showcases the birth of Paparazzi 
Long before Gaga’s “Paparazzi”, there was Fellini’s “La Dolce Vita”
- Coyne v. Wells on election stasis, the polls, and what leaders are doing in Toronto 
Two of Maclean's top columnists do their weekly politics segment. This one occurs mid-election campaign, so you'll find them discussing the latest polls.
- Filmmakers and musicians collaborate in the wild for the ‘National Parks Project’ 
A series of interviews with the makers of the National Parks Project, an omnibus of short films about national parks in Canada.
Content on this site written by Claire Ward (includes contributory writing):
- Trumer Pils Brauerei
- Trumer Pils is an Austrian pilsner that has been brewed in Salzberg with a tradition and heritage that dates back to 1601. In 2004 they opened a second location in ...