About Cheryl Shugars
SHUGARS, CHERYL is a photography editor at The Philadelphia Inquirer, a 300,000-circulation newspaper that covers southeastern Pennsylvania and New Jersey. Her responsibilities include planning the daily city and Jersey sections and the Sunday news sections. Shugars is a native of New Jersey and graduated with a degree in English from Boston University and did graduate work at Northeastern University. Her first newspaper job was at the New York Times, substituting for photo editors at the Week in Review. After working at several news photo agencies and magazines, she was hired as features photo editor at the Inquirer in 1987, moved to news, and was a projects editor including multimedia presentation. She has done her own photography work outside the newspaper for many years. She also teaches adults in ESL (English-as-a-second-language) in Philadelphia. She also enjoys dancing and takes classes in salsa and Argentine tango.
- Occupation: Photo Editor
- Organization: Philadelphia Inquirer
- Location: Philadelphia, PA 19147 USA
- Was accepted for Jun 14-19 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Cheryl Shugars:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Cheryl Shugars (includes contributory writing):
- The Missing Link Bicycle Co-Op
- The missing link is a bicycle co-op run by the employees themselves. There is no boss, and each employee has equal share in the business' success. The rent, sale, and ...