About Djamila Grossman
GROSSMAN, DJAMILA is a staff photographer at The Salt Lake Tribune. She is most interested in exploring people's lives through documentary photography. Djamila grew up in Berlin, Germany, and moved to the United States in 2004. She has previously worked as a photographer at the New Britain Herald and the Standard Examiner in Ogden, Utah, and as a reporter at the Arizona Daily Star, the Greeley Tribune and The Hill. Her work has been recognized by the NPPA, the Society of Professional Journalists, the Utah News Photographers Association, the Associated Press Managing Editors, and more.
- Occupation: photographer
- Organization: The Salt Lake Tribune
- Location: Salt Lake City, UT 84103 USA
- Website: http://damilagrossman.com/
- Was accepted for May 16-21 2010 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Djamila Grossman:
- Addict Fed Up, Pleads Up to Receive Drug Treatment 
Damon Conrow, a young Heroin addict, made the drastic decision to plead to a higher criminal charge in order to enter the Central Utah Correctional Facility's substance abuse treatment program. Djmila used a variety of techniques to amplify for viewers Conrow's revulsion and despair at his conditi
Content on this site written by Djamila Grossman (includes contributory writing):
- Golden Key Piano School
- At the Golden Key Piano School, a place of no lesson books, no mechanical exercises and no tears. The music is drawn from the rich traditions of Russian folkloric music ...