About Eileen Truax
Eileen Truax is an awarded journalist with over 18 years of experience in Mexico and the United States. She has served as Mexican Congress correspondent and has covered Mexican Politics, US-Mexico Relations and Immigration issues.
Born in Mexico City, Eileen moved to Los Angeles in 2004 and joined La Opinión Spanish-language newspaper as an immigration and Mexican communities reporter. Being an enthusiast of Digital Journalism, in 2010 she was promoted to Online Information Editor for Impremedia, position that she held until December 2011.
Eileen received a B.A. in Social Communication and a Masters degree in Communication and Politics from Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana in Mexico and has been a fellowship recipient for the Scripps Howard Immigration Training Program in Washington D.C. and the Inter-american Development Bank Training for Latin-American journalists in Cartagena, Colombia.
Eileen is founder of a small video production company, Malaespina Producciones, based in Los Angeles. She writes a weekly column, Si Muero Lejos de Ti, for Huffington Post Voces. She’s contributor for several Spanish-Language publications and she’s correspondent in Los Angeles for Gatopardo Magazine. Her first book “Dreamers”, about undocumented students in the U.S., is due for publication on May 2013.
- Occupation: Freelance writer
- Organization: Freelance
- Location: Los Angeles, CA 91352 USA
- Website: http://www.eileentruax.com/
- Twitter: eileentruax
- Facebook: eileentruax
- Flickr: eileentruax
- Skype: eileentruax (Call me!)
- Yahoo Messenger: eileentruax
- Google Talk: eileentruax
- Was accepted for Mar 22-27 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Eileen Truax:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Eileen Truax (includes contributory writing):
- Alameda Point Collaborative
- The Alameda Point Collaborative is a unique neighborhood located on 34 acres of Alameda Point. At APC, we work to end homelessness by providing housing and services to create communities ...