About Eliza Wiley
WILEY, ELIZA is the photo editor at the Helena Independent Record, a 15,000-circulation newspaper that covers Montana’s capital city and three outlining counties. Her responsibilities include managing a three-person team to produce photographs and video for daily assignments, special projects and local sporting events by producing compelling art to complement the reporters’ locally driven stories. A native of Alabama, Eliza now calls Montana home. She began her career in the newspaper industry in 2000 as a part-time advertising photographer, but through hard work and determination worked her way into the editor position with no formal schooling or training. An outdoor enthusiast, Eliza spends all her free time in the winter on her telemark skis; in the summer she loves to jump on her mountain bike and play on the 75 miles of single track just outside of town. She also never misses the opportunity to explore the west on her motorcycle.
- Occupation: Assistant Professor
- Organization: University of Montana School of Journalism
- Location: Missoula, MT 59812 USA
- Was accepted for Dec 16-21 2007 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Eliza Wiley:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Eliza Wiley (includes contributory writing):
- Corpse Flower
- This giant flower blooms only once every 13 years, emitting the fetid stench of decaying flesh as it does. It also pulsates with heat when it blooms, further attracting insects ...