About Jerry Monti
Jerry Monti is an award-winning multimedia producer with more than 20 years experience in the digital media industry. Monti has served as Executive Producer at AOL and as coordinator for the largest computer training program in Washington state. Monti was a founder of one of the first VC-funded video sites on the web and he has consulted for Adobe and Corbis. Monti holds a BA in Journalism from California State University at Northridge and a M.Ed. from the University of the Philippines, Diliman. He is a former Peace Corps volunteer and was Apple Certified Consultant with Server Certification. Jerry lives at the beach in Pacifica and enjoys trail hikes in the fog, watching storms and listening to Miles Davis.
- Occupation: Technology Education Architect & Trainer
- Organization: Knight Digital Media Center
- Location: Pacifica, CA 94044 USA
- Twitter: CalCondor
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Jerry Monti:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Jerry Monti (includes contributory writing):
- Fellows Slideshow, July 2008
- A musical slideshow produced by program director Lanita Pace-Hinton, with photographs contributed by Jerry Monti and other staff members.
- Slideshow/video of March 2009 Multimedia Workshop
- Slideshow/video of March 2009 Multimedia Workshop by Jerry Monti.
- Topic Shell Demo
- Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. ...
- Map Mashups: Collaboration
Published Nov 7, 2010
- Map mashups provide a visual location component for data. Collaborating with a reporting team is a great way to visualize a story as the reporting develops. Collaborating with the community ...
- Getting Started with Facebook for Journalists
Published Dec 3, 2009
- Journalists can use Facebook to get leads, find sources, get feedback, partner with the audience, promote stories and publications and much more. However, all of this starts with a basic ...
- Macintosh OS X—Getting Started
Published Sep 30, 2009
- This tutorial presents resources for learning and mastering the OS X operating system, basic file management and basic communications tools.
- Search Engine Optimization — Basics
Published Sep 20, 2009
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of making the content you publish appear near the top of the Search Engine Result Page (SERP). Your SEO skills make it easier ...
- GarageBand—Basic Editing
Published Aug 31, 2009
- GarageBand '09 is a powerful, easy-to-use audio editing program. This tutorial shows the basic techniques for cutting an interview audio.
- Map Mashup Resources
Published Apr 21, 2008
- This is a set of resources for map mashups. The resources include links to sample sites used in the KDMC Tech Training Workshops and links to online resources for creating ...
- Using Spreadsheet Data in Google Maps and Google Earth
Published Mar 14, 2008
- How do you take spreadsheet data and turn it into a great looking map? How do you do this without writing a lick of code? These simple steps will make ...
- Google Map Basics
Published Mar 13, 2008
- This tutorial will show you how to create your first Google map. These step-by-step instructions are guaranteed to get you started in one of the coolest—and easiest—Web technologies.
- Map Mashups: Collaboration
- The iPhone 4S and Mobile Reporters: Is this iPhone for you?
- The iPhone 4S and mobile reporting Come and gone. “Let’s talk iPhone” lacked surprises and disappointed many. “Upgrades” aren’t the same as “new.” And without the reality distortion field from ...
- Branding Content Curation at Reuters
- Are you doing content cuation in your reporting? If not, you're probably disappointing more than 60% of your readers—and missing a great opportunity for audience engagement. Reuters recognizes the value ...
- Steve Jobs and change
- Steve is leaving Apple for the second time. For the second time it is not by his choice. Health issues are more unavoidable than a vote of the Board. I ...
- Own the Census in your community
- News organizations are diving into the 2010 Decennial Census and the latest American Community Survey release. These orgs are spending a lot of time using some sophisticated (and frequently expensive) ...
- Online News Association key training points
- ONA 2010 was, again, a sold-out success. The selection of topics reflected contemporary issues and the panelists were uniformly well prepared. Here are insights that will find a way into ...
- Data, journalism and your career
- With limited and constricting resources what can news organizations do to serve the community and stand out in the competitive environment? What can a journalist do that provides high value ...
- Turning Off the Presses at the P-I
- I think celebrating end of the print edition of the Seattle P-I is more than a variation of turning lemons into lemonade. I'm rooting for the seattlepi.com to perform as ...
- New York Times Goes Local
- There is big news on the front page of the New York Times today. And I don't just mean that the Dow closed below 6,800 for the first time in ...
- Free Teleprompter Online Service
- www.cueprompter.com If you need to practice a speech or presentation this teleprompter service has all the right attributes—free, easy-to-use, and it works. This service can also be used at ...
- What has art got to do with it?
- The Museum of Modern Art in New York City has posted an amazing exhibition. Design and the Elastic Mind "focuses on designers' ability to grasp momentous changes in technology, science, and social ...
(only presentations with slides or webcasts are listed)