About Jay Hartwell
Since Fall 1997, Jay Hartwell has been student media advisor at the University of Hawai`i at Manoa, where he advises the staffs of the daily newspaper, Ka Leo O Hawai`i; the literary magazine, Hawai`i Review; an online journal, Ka Lamakua; and from 1998-2005, KTUH FM radio station. In 2000, College Media Advisers awarded him the Honor Roll, 4-Year Multi-Media Adviser Award. His 1996 book “Na Mamo: Hawaiian People Today” won Book of the Year honors from the Hawai`i Book Publishers Association. For two years he was the Honolulu City Council’s Communications Officer and after that served as press liaison for Gary Gill’s mayoral campaign. He was a general assignment reporter for The Honolulu Advertiser from 1980-1988. He has a master’s degree in journalism from Columbia University in New York City, twice served as a summer intern at the Honolulu Star-Bulletin and was editor of The Colorado College Catalyst and the Kailua High Surfrider. He and his family live in East Honolulu.
- Occupation: Student Media Adviser
- Organization: University of Hawai`i at Manoa
- Location: Honolulu, HI 96824 USA
- Website: http://www2.hawaii.edu/~hartwell
- Was accepted for Jan 10-15 2010 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Jay Hartwell:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Jay Hartwell (includes contributory writing):
- Arizmendi Bakery & Pizzeria Co-op
- An overview of the local Arizmendi Bakery & Pizzeria Co-op. “We are a cooperative, a worker-owned and operated business. We make decisions democratically, sharing all of the tasks, responsibilities, benefits ...