About Jay Koester
KOESTER, JAY became the first online editor of the El Paso (Texas) Times in September 2006. Before his focus became elpasotimes.com, he was an assistant city editor and copy editor at the newspaper. He previously worked for four years as an assistant news editor for The San Diego Union-Tribune, for three years as an assistant news editor for The Salem (Ore.) Statesman Journal, and for one year as a reporter for the Olathe (Kan.) Daily News. A Kansas native, he graduated with a journalism degree from the University of Kansas in 1994. His wife is a copy editor at the El Paso Times, and he spends most of his free time running around the playground with their four-year-old daughter.
- Occupation: Online Editor
- Organization: El Paso Times
- Location: El Paso, TX 79912 USA
- Was accepted for May 20-25 2007 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Jay Koester:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Jay Koester (includes contributory writing):
- Are we safe from the next killer quake?
- Thousands of highway overpasses throughout California are in danger of failing during a catastrophic earthquake. Civil engineers are taking a close look at the way bearings – the components sandwiched ...
(only presentations with slides or webcasts are listed)