About Karl Mondon
MONDON, KARL is a multimedia producer at the Bay Area News Group-East Bay, a 350,000-circulation news company that includes the Oakland Tribune and the Contra Costa Times. He brought 20 years of photojournalism experience to his current role finding and producing news department-based video/audio slideshow narratives. Mondon grew up in San Francisco inspired by pictures from the 1906 Earthquake, where he remains perpetually worried that the next Big One will hit while he's on vacation. His first newspaper job was as staff photographer for the News-Press in Santa Barbara where he had graduated from University of California at Santa Barbara with a degree in film studies. He continues to drive his first car, a '62 VW bug, which is fast approaching one-half million miles.
- Occupation: Staff Photographer/Multimedia Producer
- Organization: Contra Costa Times
- Location: San Francisco, CA 94127 USA
- Was accepted for May 18-23 2008 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Karl Mondon:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Karl Mondon (includes contributory writing):
- Tracking Nature's Footsteps
- A nature-inspired researcher leads an international team that integrates biology, mathematics, engineering and computer science to discover the secrets behind Gecko traction.