About Lanita Pace-Hinton
- Occupation: Director of Multimedia and Technology Programs
- Organization: Knight Digital Media Center, UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
- Location: Berkeley, CA 94720 USA
- Website: http://www.berkeley.edu/
- Twitter: pacel
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Lanita Pace-Hinton:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Lanita Pace-Hinton (includes contributory writing):
- Fellows' Slideshow, January 2009
- Soundslides slideshow of January '09 workshop participants doing their thing. Slideshow produced by Hannah Hart and Lanita Pace.
- Dec. Web 2.0 Slideshow
- Images of fellows and staff from Dec. 2009 Web 2.0 Tech Training workshop. Photos by Lanita Pace, slideshow by Madeleine Bair.
- APM Recap Slideshow
- "Best of" images from American Public Media's week-long custom training session at KDMC.
- A Multimedia Revolution
- Slideshow wrap-up from KDMC's June 2010 Multimedia Workshop.
- Topic Shell Demo
- Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. Test project for new shell system. ...
- May 2011 Slideshow
- Soundslides slideshow featuring images of fellows from May 2011 Multimedia workshop doing their thing, both in the classroom and in the field. Images by Lanita Pace and Jerry Monti.
- Storify Envisioned as The Associated Press of the Future
- Burt Herman was a heralded foreign correspondent for The Associated Press. He spent a decade covering conflict, culture and business from far-off locations as disparate as Berlin and Uzbekistan. Today, ...
- OC Register Immigration Series Springs from Census Data
- Ron Campbell, an investigative reporter for The Orange County Register and a graduate of KDMC's April 2008 Technology Tools for Journalists Workshop, recently launched a four-part series on the impact ...
- InvestigateWest Co-Founder Probes the Startup Mindset
- News entrepreneur Rita Hibbard (Dec '09) wrote a probing retrospective on the sense and sensibility needed to operate a successful news start-up. Hibbard, executive director and editor of InvestigateWest, a Seattle-based non-profit ...
- Jose Antonio Vargas Adds Filmmaking to His Credits
- Jose Antonio Vargas, a KDMC workshop fellow (May '06) and presenter (May '08 & Dec '09) has a new appellation to add to his ever-evolving title: filmmaker. Jose has co-produced ...
- The Mystery of Huguette Clark and Her Millions
- Bill Dedman (Jan '08) published a second installment of his investigative report on the reclusive, 104-year-old heiress Huguette Clark and what's to come of her vast fortune. Dedman, an investigative ...
- Tech Tools Workshop Grad Leads TBD.com's Social Media Effort
- TBD.com, the eagerly anticipated Washington DC-based multimedia local news start up shot out the gate Monday with KDMC alum Mandy Jenkins (Feb ’09) driving its social media strategy. TBD.com is ...
- Alums Lead Seattle Digital Literacy Initiative
- Sarah Stuteville (May '10) and Jessica Partnow (Dec '06), who were both fellows and presenters in the KDMC's Multimedia Reporting and Convergence workshops, have partnered with the University of Washington's ...
- Web 2.0 Workshop Alum Heppermann Wins Rosalyn Carter Scholarship
- KDMC workshop alum Ann Heppermann (Feb '10) is among six journalists named as 2010-2011 Rosalyn Carter Fellowships for Mental Health Journalism recipients. The prestigious fellowship awards stipends of $10,000 to ...
- Takahashi Wins Scholarship to Poynter Programming Workshop
- Congratulations to Corey Takahashi (Mar '10 and May '09) on receiving a scholarship from Hacks/Hackers to attend The Poynter Institute's workshop Programming for Journalists/Journalism for Programming. Takahashi, a Los Angeles-based independent ...
- News Start-Up Run by Alums Profiled in CJR
- The Columbia Journalism Review published a profile of the accomplishments of InvestigateWest's first year of operation. The CJR article commends the Seattle-based investigative news site, co-founded by KDMC@Berkeley workshop graduates ...
- Addict Fed Up, Pleads Up to Receive Drug Treatment
- Djamila Grossman, staff photographer for the Odgen, Utah Standard-Examiner, produced a compelling video story, accompanied by a text story, of Damon Conrow, a young Heroin addict who made the drastic ...
- KDMC Indie Journo Alum Is Knight News Challenge Grant Winner
- Teru Kuwayama, a fellow in the inaugural Web Publishing for Independent Journalists Workshop, is among 12 new media innovators to share in $2.74 million in grant funding from this year's ...
- KDMC Indie Journalists Workshop Alum Receives New Voices Grant
- Janice Rombeck, a member of the KDMC's inaugural Web Publishing for Independent Journalists Workshop, and her NeighborWeb community news site, was selected to receive a New Voices grant. NeighborWeb was ...
- Journos and Coders Meet Up to Hack An iPad Storytelling App
- Hacks/Hackers Unite is bringing together journalists and media makers with hackers and designers this weekend to build the killer media app for the iPad and other tablet devices. The focus ...
- KDMC Fellow Named NABJ's Emerging Journalist of the Year
- Michael J. Feeney of the New York Daily News, who was a December 2007 Multimedia Reporting and Convergence Workshop fellow, was named Emerging Journalist of the Year by the National ...
- KDMC Alums Receive $100,000 to Fund Investigative News Start-Up
- KDMC alum Rita Hibbard who leads the Seattle news start-up InvestigateWest was awarded a $100,000 grant from the Ethics and Excellence in Journalism Foundation (EEJF). Hibbard, a graduate of the ...
- KDMC Alums and Friends Get 50% Discount to We Media Miami
- The Knight Digital Media Center will be at We Media Miami, March 9-11, 2009 - and we hope you will too. KDMC is a proud co-sponsor of this influential and ...
(only presentations with slides or webcasts are listed)