About David Olson
David Olson writes on immigration, multicultural issues and religion for The Press-Enterprise in Riverside, CA. Before joining the Press-Enterprise in 2005, he covered City Hall and multicultural issues at The Herald in Everett, Wash. From 1996 to 2000, he did freelance writing and taught English in Mexico City and Madrid.
A Chicago native, Olson received his bachelor's degree in journalism from the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and his master's in journalism from the University of California, Berkeley.
He enjoys hiking, biking, traveling and enjoying the amazing variety of food in Southern California, from fried Oaxacan grasshoppers to Afghan leek dumplings to kim chee, which he learned not to eat at his desk after numerous complaints.
January 2012 Digital Storytelling Workshop Project:
- Occupation: Reporter
- Organization: The Press-Enterprise
- Location: Riverside, CA 92501 USA
- Website: http://www.pe.com/
- Twitter: @davidolson11
- Was accepted for Jan 08-13 2012 Digital Storytelling.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by David Olson:
- New Latino groups sign of growing visibility 
I used a fusion table to show where councils of the League of United Latin American Citizens are in Riverside and San Bernardino counties in Southern California.
Content on this site written by David Olson (includes contributory writing):
- Boss Robot Hobby
- During our six day workshop our fellows produce videos that spotlight local businesses in the UC Berkeley area. This video was produced as a part of the Knight Digital Media ...