About Odell Mitchell
MITCHELL, ODELL “PAT” is senior editor for editing at The Tampa Tribune, in charge of the copy editing team. He also works closely with the senior editors for photography, design and graphics. The Tribune is a 225,000 daily newspaper and the hub of one of the first truly converged, multimedia news centers in the country. Mitchell is a Bethune-Cookman University graduate with a degree in education. He taught and coached at the high school level while working part-time as a graphic artist for the Fort Myers News-Press. He accepted a full-time position at the newspaper, later achieving the title of Graphics Editor. In 1979, Pat moved to the Washington, D.C. area to work with the Gannet News Service and was Graphics Editor there before leaving to come to the Tribune in 1987. He has had several leadership positions at the newspaper and was responsible for initiating the concept and helped organize the Tribune’s universal desk. Pat enjoys watercolor painting (when he can get to it) and listens to classical and contemporary jazz.
- Occupation: Senior Editor/ Editing
- Organization: The Tampa Tribune
- Location: Tampa, FL 33647 USA
- Was accepted for Dec 16-21 2007 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Odell Mitchell:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Odell Mitchell (includes contributory writing):
- Cosmic Virtuoso
- Most people would be satisfied to be a renowned professor of astrophysics at UC Berkeley ... But for Dr. Chung-Pei Ma, a passion for music is as much a part ...