About Penelope Carrington
CARRINGTON, PENELOPE is a multimedia reporter at The Richmond Times-Dispatch, a 200,000-circulation newspaper that covers central Virginia. Her responsibilities include shooting, editing and producing video as well as online slideshows for the paper's Web site. She also writes for the paper in print and online. She was raised in northern California, but moved East during high school. She graduated with a degree in journalism from Temple University in Philadelphia. She covered education at her first newspaper job in Vineland, NJ. Then she moved to a Florida paper before landing a reporting job with inSync, then a weekly teen section at the Times-Dispatch. She has been at the Richmond paper for nearly 12 years. She became a multimedia reporter in January. She is a professional teddy bear artist who also enjoys fiction writing, reading and the imaginative logic of her two small children.
- Occupation: Multimedia reporter
- Organization: The Richmond Times-Dispatch
- Location: Richmond, VA 23233 USA
- Website: http://www.inrich.com/cva/ric/home.html
- Was accepted for May 18-23 2008 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Penelope Carrington:
- Family Struggles with Loss 
Penelope Carrington, Knight multimedia workshop alumna and a multimedia reporter for the The Richmond Times-Dispatch shares a video on how one family struggles with loss.
Content on this site written by Penelope Carrington (includes contributory writing):
- Tracking Nature's Footsteps
- A nature-inspired researcher leads an international team that integrates biology, mathematics, engineering and computer science to discover the secrets behind Gecko traction.
(only presentations with slides or webcasts are listed)