About Sandra Porteous
PORTEOUS, SANDRA has been the senior manager of learning with the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation since 2002. The CBC offers a wide variety of training workshops that are available to thousands of employees who work in and around ten main broadcasting locations. Most workshops are designed to support, not just craft skills, but also the strategic goals of the organization. Sandra began her career in print working as a reporter and movie reviewer for a small town newspaper and went on to freelance for many of the best-known magazines in Canada. She was a columnist for The Daily News in Halifax for 16 years. Sandra earned her master’s degree in Education in Halifax and has taught everything from sixth grade to university writing workshops and media relations. She has also worked as a radio commentator, TV researcher, reporter, program, show and senior producer of a TV news bureau. Her employer for the past 18 years has been the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation. Helping to support learning and innovation while working with CBC journalists is about as good as it gets.
- Occupation: Sr Manager - Learning
- Organization: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation
- Location: Toronto Ontario, Canada
- MSN Messenger: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Was accepted for Dec 16-21 2007 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Sandra Porteous:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Sandra Porteous (includes contributory writing):
- Cosmic Virtuoso
- Most people would be satisfied to be a renowned professor of astrophysics at UC Berkeley ... But for Dr. Chung-Pei Ma, a passion for music is as much a part ...