About Ralph Braseth
BRASETH, RALPH spent the past 20 years teaching journalism and helping hundreds of students at the University of Mississippi get their first journalism jobs after graduation. As director of student media, Braseth guided student journalists in the production/publication of The Daily Mississippian, Rebel Radio, News Watch, the Ole Miss Yearbook and The DM online. Braseth is a co-founder of the Center for Innovation in College Media, a think-tank and training institute focusing on "new" media at the college level. One of ten children, Braseth grew up in Seattle and earned degrees from Western Washington University, the University of Missouri School of Journalism and the University of Mississippi. In addition to his teaching career, Braseth has worked as a television reporter in Columbia, MO, Tri-Cities/Yakima, WA, Jackson, MS, Kalamazoo/Grand Rapids, MI, and Memphis, TN, and for public television.
- Occupation: Director of Student Media
- Organization: U of Mississippi
- Location: Oxford, MS 38655 USA
- Website: http://www.collegemediainnovation.org/
- Google Talk: rbraseth
- Was accepted for Mar 22-27 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Ralph Braseth:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Ralph Braseth (includes contributory writing):
- Urban Ore
- Urban Ore is a popular salvage yard, thrift store and recycling center all wrapped up together in a three acre compound. Urban Ore accepts and re-sells all sorts of re-usable ...