About Ashwin Seshagiri
From the time, in 2006, when he helped produce short-form animations for mobile devices to a couple years ago when he helped a Fortune 500 company build out its social media efforts, Ashwin has been spying on the future of storytelling for years.
His recent work has appeared in The New York Times, Bloomberg, The Bold Italic and SF Weekly, among other places.
- Location: Oakland, CA
- Website: http://www.ashwinseshagiri.com/
- Twitter: winguero
- Google Talk: shwiners
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Ashwin Seshagiri:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Ashwin Seshagiri (includes contributory writing):
- Twitter for Journalists
Published May 4, 2011
- Twitter is a powerful tool for journalists, who use it for everything from finding sources to engaging the public in communities drawn across lines of interest. This tutorial offers an ...
- Twitter for Journalists
- We're now @kdmcBerkeley on Twitter
- Six years ago, the Knight Digital Media Center was created with the goal of helping journalists succeed in the rapidly changing media landscape of the 21st Century. It launched as ...
- 3 things you'll be able to do after our workshops
- Often times, organizations like us, who put on training workshops, hype up all of the features of our programs. During two weeks with us, you will get to learn this ...
- What remains in journalism When technologies change
- Late last year, Richard Koci Hernandez spoke to a group of KDMC fellows about the need for humanity to tell stories. At the same, "we have no idea what piece of ...
- The Powerful Response to An Emotional Visual Story
- The following post is by Eric Seals (May '08), a multimedia journalist with the Detroit Free Press. He and a colleague told the powerful story of a high schooler about to ...
- Photos from the December 2011 Digital Storytelling Workshop
- During our workshops, 20 fellows from newsrooms across the nations learn the multimedia skills necessary for the evolving climate of journalism. Throughout the course of the week, they learn how ...
- Twanxiety: An Aspiring Journalist's Troubles with Tweeting
- I first found out about Twitter in 2006. I didn't think it was cool. I met Evan Williams and Biz Stone at a startup event in San Francisco's SOMA neighborhood, ...
- Tweets from the White House: A Veteran Journalist's Uncommon Path to Success
- Paul Brandus knows big media. He's been a producer and senior editor at NBC News, CNBC and Fox News. 15 years ago, he helped launch MSNBC. But these days, Brandus's ...
- Featured Fellow: Basetrack's Teru Kuwayama
- Last year, Teru Kuwayama (Mar '10) launched a project to engage people with the decade-long war in Afghanistan, something that he has largely seen become an abstraction for the American ...
- Experimenting with Facebook Ads to Promote Stories
- A couple weeks ago, Reuters announced a new strategy for curating competitor content, and we wanted to write about it. It was one of the latest and more notable examples ...
- Featured Fellow: Michelle Fitzhugh-Craig
- For Michelle Fitzhugh-Craig (Mar '11), utilizing digital media has been a process of providing voices to underserved communities. She has helped grow publications ranging from a public interest print paper to ...
- Featured Fellow: Tom Murphy
- Tom Murphy (Mar '11) is no stranger to newsrooms. A supervisor in the AP's San Francisco bureau and a correspondent for Bloomberg News, the veteran journalist was the founding editor ...
- Reduce Ambient Noise When Recording in Home Studios
- With recording devices becoming more accessible and affordable by the day, it's easier for a journalist to be a one-stop shop of video, audio and multimedia storytelling. But despite ...
- Former KDMC Fellows Nominated for 2011 Online News Association Awards
- On Wednesday, the Online News Association announced the finalists for its 2011 Online Journalism Awards, a yearly acknowledgement of the reporters and innovators pushing digital storytelling. Among the finalists were ...