About Stephanie Ogburn
- Occupation: Web editor, freelance writer
- Organization: High Country News
- Location: Paonia, CO 81428 USA
- Website: http://www.hcn.org/
- Twitter: @highcountrynews
- Facebook: highcountrynews
- Delicious: spogburn
- Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/groups/hcncommunity/
- Skype: spogburn (Call me!)
- Was accepted for Jan 10-15 2010 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Stephanie Ogburn:
- Audio librarian Jeff Rice captures the sounds of the West 
An audio slideshow in which Jeff Rice discusses how he collects sound and plays some of the sounds from the Western Soundscape Archive.
- Wilderness Photographer 
This video accompanies the piece My walkabout with Michael, in which New Mexican writer Pat Toomay shadows Guggenheim award-winning photographer Michael Berman through the Gila wilderness. This multimedia features an interview with Berman where he reads a poem about his process of going into the wild and finding images, and discusses why he became a photographer and his views on the relationship of humans to nature.
- A mobile health solution 
In Oakland and other cities in the West, traveling asthma clinics address a common problem: The people who suffer the most from pollution often have the least access to treatment. This video accompanies the story, "Breathing easy."
- How the West Balanced Its Budgets? 
Stephanie Ogburn's (Jan '10) new Flash map illustrates how deep the defecits are in many West Coast states. Fortunately, it's not all bad news, Oregon and Montana are in the black.
- UC Davis project puts conventional and organic gardening in a one-hundred-year bout. 
Stephanie Ogburn (Jan '10) produced some videos for the Agricultural Sustainability Institute (ASI) at UC Davis . The first is about an experiment to see whether tomatoes grow better with conventional or organic growing techniques. In the other a Stanford professor talks about the pros and cons of agricultural nitrogen fertilizer.
- Community Capital Helps to fund Remedy Cafe 
Stephanie Ogburn (Jan '10) produced a multimedia package on Remedy Cafe, a North Oakland coffee shop that courted investment capital from friends and customers instead of banks.
Content on this site written by Stephanie Ogburn (includes contributory writing):
- Arizmendi Bakery & Pizzeria Co-op
- An overview of the local Arizmendi Bakery & Pizzeria Co-op. “We are a cooperative, a worker-owned and operated business. We make decisions democratically, sharing all of the tasks, responsibilities, benefits ...