About Tom Haines
Tom is the staff travel writer at The Boston Globe. During fifteen years as a journalist, he has reported about politics, economics and culture in more than 50 countries and on five continents. Tom grew up in Pittsburgh and has worked as a reporter at the Idaho Falls Post-Register, at The Seattle Times, and as a freelancer in Europe, where he also was a fellow at the Journalists in Europe Foundation, in 2000. He has three times been named Travel Journalist of the Year in North America. Tom is most at home planting peppers with daughter Colette, 4, and son Luca, 6, or cooking with his wife, Julie, a classical singer.
- Occupation: Staff writer
- Organization: The Boston Globe
- Location: Boston, MA 02205 USA
- Website: http://www.boston.com/tomhaines
- Was accepted for Jan 11-16 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Tom Haines:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Tom Haines (includes contributory writing):
- The Bone Room
- For two decades bones and curiosities from around the globe have been bought and sold from a Berkeley storefront. The Bone Room is part museum, part boutique and its customers ...