About Tom Eblen
Tom Eblen is the new city and state columnist for the Lexington Herald-Leader. For nearly 10 years, he was the Herald-Leader’s managing editor, overseeing news coverage and the newsroom staff. Eblen, a Lexington native, returned home in 1998 after 14 years with The Atlanta Journal-Constitution, where he was a regional/national reporter, a business reporter and editor and an Olympics reporter and editor. Before that, he worked five years at The Associated Press, where he covered government and politics in Nashville and headed the Knoxville bureau. Eblen, 49, is a graduate of Western Kentucky University in Bowling Green. He teaches a senior-level journalism ethics course at the University of Kentucky. He and his wife, Becky, have two grown daughters, Mollie, public relations assistant at Transylvania University in Lexington, and Shannon, a junior at Centre College in Danville.
- Occupation: journalist
- Organization: Lexington Herald-Leader
- Location: Lexington, KY 40508 USA
- Website: http://www.kentucky.com
- AOL Instant Messenger: TomEblenLex
- Was accepted for Jan 11-16 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Tom Eblen:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Tom Eblen (includes contributory writing):
- Volunteers for the Botanical Gardens
- Volunteers find work at Berkeley's Botanical Garden as nourishing for them as it is for the plants.