About Tony Overman
Tony Overman has been a staff photographer at The Olympian in Washington's state capitial since 1997. He is a two-time NPPA Region 11 Photographer of the Year (1994 & 2004), winner of the 2005 Reid Blackburn Memorial for Outstanding Feature Photography, First Place winner in the 2003 & 2006 Best Of Photojournalism competition, and four-time winner in the Pictures of the Year competition.
Overman also serves as the Immediate Past President of the National Press Photographers Association, representing more than 9,000 newspaper, magazine and television photographers. He previously served two terms as President.
Overman has previously worked as a reporter/photographer at the Albany (Ore.) Democrat-Herald and photo editor at the Corvallis (Ore.) Gazette-Times.
- Occupation: Photojournalist
- Organization: The Olympian
- Location: Olympia, WA 98512 USA
- Website: http://www.theolympian.com
- AOL Instant Messenger: tonyoly
- Was accepted for Jan 11-16 2009 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Tony Overman:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Tony Overman (includes contributory writing):
- People's Grocery
- One market is transforming the food chain in West Oakland. Meet the people growing a community, visit the neighborhood and learn how to get involved.