About Betty Wells
2004-present…The News-Press…Fort Myers, Fla.
SPECIAL PROJECTS EDITOR METRO EDITOR
Named one of 15 newsroom 2006 supervisors of the year for Gannett Inc.
1998-2004…City of Crown Point…Crown Point, Ind.
DIRECTOR, PARKS & RECREATION
1997…WYIN, Channel 56, PBS station…Merrillville, Ind.
1995-1996…Barnes & Noble…Wichita, Kan.
Wichita (Kan.) Eagle: Reporter, metro editor, news editor, assistant managing editor
Knight-Ridder Washington Bureau: Regional correspondent
Gary (Ind.) Post-Tribune: 1988-1991, Managing Editor
1991-1993, Vice–President and Executive Editor
Bachelor’s Degree, Wichita State University, Wichita, Kan.
Majors in journalism and political science
12 hours toward Master’s of Communications, WSU
One year law school, Valparaiso (Ind.) University
Graduate, Knight-Ridder Executive Development Program
Graduate, 2006, Multimedia Fellowship, University of California, Berkeley graduate school
- Occupation: Special Projects Editor
- Organization: The News-Press, Fort Myers, Fla.
- Location: Cape Coral, FL 33990 usa
- Was accepted for May 21-26 2006 Multimedia Training.
Digital media stories published elsewhere by Betty Wells:
No stories to show.
Content on this site written by Betty Wells (includes contributory writing):
- As the Worm Churns
- Bay Worms serves the community of Alameda using vermicomposting technology. Its herd of red worms (Eisenia foetida) turns vegetable matter we collect into one of the best organic fertilizers around: ...