final cut pro
Working with Multiple Tracks of Video and Audio
If you have multiple tracks of video and audio:
- Whatever video is on the top track will play, and any other video clips underneath will not be displayed.
- All audio tracks will play simultaneously no matter which ones are above or below the others on the Timeline.
If you want to stop the video from playing on the top track you can:
- Turn off the video for a particular track in the Timeline by selecting the hide button to the far left to hide the track.
If you want to stop the audio from playing on a particular audio track you can either:
- Turn off the audio for a particular track in the Timeline by selecting the hide button to the far left to hide the track.
- Double click on the audio track in the Timeline, which will open up an audio editing box in the Browser above. Then you can click on the horizontal black audio level line in the middle of your audio track and drag it to the bottom to lower the audio level to zero.