A spreadsheet provides a lot of options for re-formatting the information being displayed. These are similar to the options in a word processing program like Microsoft Word or many other applications. They include:
- Changing the font size or style
- Defining the format for the kind of data in a cell, such as dates, times, currency or percents
- Changing the number of decimal places displayed in a number
- Changing the text color or the background color
- Adding borders around the cells
Some of these options are available by selecting Format in the menu at the top and then picking one of the choices in the drop-down menu.
Or you can click on the icons in the middle of the toolbar for other options.
To change the formatting, first select a cell.
Or you can format a range of cells by clicking on one cell, holding down your mouse button and dragging up or down, left or right.
Then use the File menu or the toolbar icons to select a new format, which will be applied to the cells you've selected.
And remember you can always click on Edit...Undo to undo any formatting changes you've made.