vehicle and vessel licenses and registrations


Licenses for drivers and for motor vehicles and marine vessels are issued by states, usually through a Department of Motor Vehicles or Division of Motor Vehicles.

You'll need to check a state government website to find the DMV agency that handles the licensing to see what information is publicly available.

A private directory called Department of Motor Vehicles lists web addresses for motor vehicle agencies in all the states.

Very little driver's license or vehicle registration information is available online.

Aircraft and some marine vessel licenses are issued by federal agencies.

There are federal online databases for aircraft owners and marine vessel registrations.

Filed under: Public Records