Visualizing Data with Google API
Creating richer, more rewarding interactive experiences for your audience is one of the primary goals of advanced data visualization. Google’s Application Program Interfaces (APIs) allow you to customize your users interactions using visualization tools such as Google Chart Tools and Google Fusion Tables.
Visualizing Data with Google APIs is a two-day, hands-on Certificate program focused on using Google’s Visualization and Fusion Tables APIs. Participants will learn to use the APIs, load data from Google Spreadsheets and Tables and add user interactions like search and filtering to interactive graphics.
You’ll enjoy personalized small class instruction in a state of the art Mac lab. This program is a hands-on skill based learning experience. Upon completion of a kdmcBerkeley workshop, participants have the knowledge and tools necessary to apply their new skill set immediately.
- Learn to load APIs into an HTML page.
- Load data from Google Spreadsheets and Fusion Tables.
- Make data and/or visualizations searchable and filterable.
Led by Len De Groot, KDMC’s Interactive Design and Data Instructor at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and freeDive designer-innovator.
April 5-6, 2013 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm daily.
University of California, Berkeley, near San Francisco. Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall. Map
Registration is closed for this workshop.
- Completion of kdmcBerkeley’s Data Visualization Certificate workshop OR1) Experience creating charts using Google Spreadsheet and 2) experience working with the Google Fusion Tables web application and 3) a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in English.
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please contact Vicki Hammarstedt via phone at 510.642.3892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email or fax 15 days prior to the start of the program.
A $175.00 fee will be assessed for canceled registrations.
- Cancellation notices received 14 days or less from the start of the program will result in a credit toward attendance at a future kdmcBerkeley training program. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- The kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.