Digital Media Skills Certificate
At kdmcBerkeley we are empowering the next generation of storytellers. This intensive 9-week graduate level certificate program focuses on the strategic implementation and production of digital media content combining seminar style instruction with practical hands-on training.
You'll experience best practices for telling stories on the web—through social media, with video, digital photography and data visualization. Upon completion of this program, participants will have the knowledge and tools necessary to apply their new skill set immediately to their profession.
- Practice applying brand strategies to multiple digital platforms.
- Learn story planning, production and delivery.
- Learn and practice the fundamentals of digital video camera operations and techniques for shooting video.
- Experience hands-on video production editing using Final Cut Pro X to create videos and photo slideshows.
- Use a DSLR camera and apply principles for capturing compelling images that captivate audiences.
- Learn the basics of internet publishing, HTML, and CSS.
- Gain basic skills for working with spreadsheets and databases.
- Use open-source data visualizations tools to illustrate complex numerical information.
- Create appealing interactive charts, graphs & maps that tell a more compelling story.
- Learn which metrics are important for your organization to define user engagement in social media and how to measure ROI.
- Practice using engagement tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Gain hands-on experience with analytics tools such as Sparkwise and Hootsuite.
- Review evolving best practices for the mobile audience.
- The skills you learn will culminate into a final digital media content strategy presentation to a panel of experts.
Continuing education certificate from UC Berkeley CEE will be issued upon successful completion of all course work and final presentation.
Who Should Attend: This certificate program is ideal for professionals who work as or plan to work in the online environment, editorial producers, journalists, communication professionals, non-profit and government agencies, educators, and ccompanies that publish print or online material.
Tuition Pricing: $5,900 USD - Save 10% when you register by January 10,2013
When: March 5 thru May 2, 2013 Tuesday & Thursday, 6:30- 9:00 PM; Saturday, March 30 9:00 AM-1:00 PM; Saturday, April 6 9:00 AM-4:00 PM; Sunday, April 7 9:00 AM-4:00 PM; Saturday, April 20 9:00 AM-4:00 PM
Where: University of California, Berkeley, near San Francisco. Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall map
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Proficiency in English (All instruction is delivered in English)
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email or fax. A $450.00 fee will be assessed for canceled registrations.
- Cancelations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the institute program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $450.00 cancelation fee.
- Cancellation notices received 14 days or less from the start of the institute program registered for will result in a credit toward attendance at a future kdmcBerkeley training program. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the institutes will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an institute due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee, or may have the fee applied as a credit toward attendance at a future kdmcBerkeley training program.
The kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.