Multimedia Storytelling Institute 2013
For Multinational Journalists and Communicators
June 10-21, 2013
Photo by Bill Ebbesen • Map by Sercan Ergun
Empower Your Storytelling
The changing communications landscape for professionals in the field of journalism, education or communications requires a new skill set in multimedia content production. To stay ahead in the new media environment you must be proficient in storytelling with video, photography and data visualization tools and technologies for producing online content to websites, news sites, blogs, and social networks.
This intensive two-week program provides seminar style and hands-on training in essential skills for digital media production. The institute is ideal for journalists, educators and communication professionals interested in a rapid-paced immersive experience in multimedia content creation through delivery.
As a participant you will:
- Develop strategies for multimedia storyboarding, planning, production and delivery using mobile, tablet, and desktop platforms.
- Engage in hands-on field reporting while exploring professional video, photo and mobile techniques.
- Edit and produce visual content using Photoshop and Adobe Premier Pro CS6.
- Learn to use interactive databases and create data visualizations, charts, graphs and maps to tell stories.
- Employ social media for reporting, content distribution and community engagement.
- Return to your organization with a new understanding and appreciation of the technologies changing the storytelling medium, as well as a new set of skills that will make you a fluent, active and engaged Multimedia Rockstar!
Instruction: Presentations by world-class trainers, award winning multimedia journalists and industry leaders, including Jane Spencer,
Carrie Ching, Yumi Wilson,
What people are saying: "In two weeks, I learned more than I have in years about digital and social media from knowledgeable experts. I acquired online media skills that will allow me to be competitive in today's workforce."
-Scott Hatfield, Multimedia Journalists, Documentary Producer/Director, 2012 Multimedia Storytelling Institute
When: June 10 through June 21, 2013
This institute is two-weeks in length. Instruction is Monday through Friday, 8:30 am- 4:30 pm daily.
Tuition: $5,400 USD
Where: Graduate School of Journalism, University of California Berkeley, near San Francisco. map
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software
- Proficiency in English (All instruction is delivered in English)
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email or fax. A $350.00 fee will be assessed for canceled registrations.
- Cancelations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the institute program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $350.00 cancelation fee.
- We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within 14 days of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the institutes will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an institute due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee, or may have the fee applied as a credit toward attendance at a future kdmcBerkeley training program.
- kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to the scheduled program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.