Digital Storytelling Workshops
The Digital Storytelling Workshop offers intensive training that covers all aspects of multimedia news production from basic storyboarding to hands-on instruction with hardware and software for production of multimedia stories. Participants will work on structured training assignments to learn skills for multi-element stories and then apply new skills to a story for his or her publication.
Participants are taught skills they need to produce quality multimedia stories including:
- Video and audio recording and editing in Final Cut X
- Photojournalism basics including use of Photoshop
- Voice coaching for narration or stand-ups and reporter debriefs
- HTML basics
- Creating interactive charts, graphs and maps to visualize data
- Mobile reporting for breaking news
- Social media and community engagement
Mobile session will use smart phones (Android or Apple) but phones will not be provided. Please bring yours to the workshop.
The KDMC is revising its programming. Please check back for more information on upcoming workshops. Custom training for organizations interested in applying multimedia to their communications programs is now available. Contact us directly at (510) 642-3892.