Social Media for Content Creators
As savvy communication professionals we understand the value of social media, yet few organizations or companies have developed a comprehensive content strategy across multiple platforms. The constant influx of new communities, platforms, and ways to connect can overwhelm even the most accomplished social media manager. In this 3-day workshop we’ll provide you with the knowledge, tools, and techniques to structure a strategy that coordinates branding, engaging content and tactics across social media platforms.
Social Media for Content Creators offers comprehensive training on how to leverage the power of social media and storytelling to develop audiences, trust relationships and engagement. Upon completion of this workshop, you will have developed an expanded strategic social media roadmap for creating engaging content across multiple platforms, have experience developing content that resonates with your audience and be knowledgeable on the latest social media tools and technologies.
The Social Media for Content Creators workshop is designed for intermediate level marketing and communication professionals, journalists, and educators who are interested in becoming strategic, skilled practitioners in social media content creation. The format of the workshop is ideal for people who thrive in intense, fast paced environments. Class size is limited to 24 people to allow for hands-on, personalized instruction. Early registration is recommended.
In this workshop you will learn:
- To identify the key components of social media content strategy with a focus on audience, content, organizational goals, and metrics;
- The keys to building brand awareness in your social media messaging with stories, and via social influencers and advocates;
- To develop content that is authentic, interactive and meaningful with consistent voice and targeted to your audience and the platform;
- To create engaging content that resonates using visual journalism techniques and infographics ;
- To design innovative social media campaigns that inspire action;
- Gain valuable insight into platform demographics and the nature of interactions across the social platforms with best practices for posting on social platforms and hands-on practical exercises;
- To analyze measurement tools and identify metrics that are in alignment with your organizational goals;
- To leverage your overall content strategy throughout your organization or company.
At the completion of this workshop you will have designed a ready to implement strategic social media content plan.
Led by Yumi Wilson lead social media instructor for kdmcBerkeley, the corporate communications manager at LinkedIn and a tenured professor of journalism at San Francisco State University with Maire Walsh lead social media instructor for kdmcBerkeley, and Vice President of Sales & Marketing at Next Steps Marketing. Special guest presenters to be announced soon.
February 26-28,2015 8:30am – 4:30pm daily.
University of California, Berkeley – Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall. Map
- Basic computer literacy and skills.
- A WiFi ready laptop during the workshop.
- Beginning experience with social media platforms.
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please contact Flynn May via phone at 510.642.6049 or email email@example.com
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $250.00 cancellation fee.
- We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of kdmcBerkeley administration.
- The kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.