Social Media for Audience Engagement
Certificate In Social Media October 22-23, 2012
More than 4 billion videos are viewed on YouTube everyday. Twitter sees over 340 million tweets every day. And LinkedIn, with more than 175 million members, is the most powerful business-networking engine in the world.
Beyond expanding the pool of possible connections to near limitless possibilities, social media is reshaping how we communicate, learn, entertain ourselves, participate in politics and public life, search for new employees, transact business, and company-consumer relationships. Today’s audience expect and demand from businesses the ability social media offers to participate, interact and collaborate with your content, cause, or brand across multiple platforms.
Social Media for Audience Engagement offers comprehensive training on how to leverage the power of social media and storytelling to develop audiences, trust relationships and engagement. Upon completion of this workshop, you will have a grounding in the strategic uses of social media and hands-on experience using the most current social media platforms and technologies.
Special Presentation By
T. J. Kelly, SVP Edelman Digital will share with us storytelling in the context of social media. Edelman Digital has been the leader in defining and adapting transmedia storytelling to the digital media space and social media. Kelly's presentation has application for anyone interested in understanding the complex ecosystem of integrating social media into an organization's communications to increase audience engagement and participation.
The Social Media for Audience Engagement Certificate workshop is designed for communications professionals, journalists and educators who are interested in developing their social media platform to be seen and heard and grab the attention of their audience. The format of the workshop is ideal for people who thrive in intense, focused and hands-on environments.
- Learn to develop compelling content and tell your story in the context of the social media environment.
- Learn which metrics are important for your organization, define user engagement in social media, and how to measure ROI.
- Understand vocabulary required to succeed in the social media environment.
- Hear case studies on interacting with your audience and participate in group discussions.
- Begin to build your own social media plan and receive valuable feedback.
- Practice creating engaging content across multiple platforms with engagement tools such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube.
- Gain hands-on experience with analytics tools such as Sparkwise and Hootsuite.
- Gain valuable insight into platform demographics and the nature of interactions across the social platforms.
This two-day workshop is an immersive experience with both seminar style and hands-on lab work. You’ll enjoy personalized instruction on social media tools in a state of the art Mac lab.
Tuition Pricing: $845
Instruction: Led by Jerry Monti, KDMC's Technology Education Architect and Social Media Trainer.
When:October 22-23, 2012 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm daily.
Where: University of California, Berkeley – Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall map
Who should attend: NGOs needing to communicate with constituents and funders, organizations and companies interested in learning more about building your brand and connecting with customers, PR agencies interested in expanding their services, and government agencies in need of reaching a broader audience.
Meals: Morning coffee and lunch is included.
Where: University of California, Berkeley, near San Francisco. Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall map
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email or fax. A $250.00 fee will be assessed for canceled registrations.
- Cancelations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the institute program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $250.00 cancelation fee.
- Cancellation notices received 14 days or less from the start of the institute program registered for will result in a credit toward attendance at a future KDMC training program. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the institutes will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
The KDMC reserves the right to cancel or reschedule an institute due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of KDMC. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee, or may have the fee applied as a credit toward attendance at a future KDMC training program.
The KDMC will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The KDMC is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.