Video is among the most powerful and most popular storytelling tools. Every month, more than 200 BILLION videos are viewed on personal and professional websites, video channels, social media sites and blogs. When made well, videos have the power to engage an audience, showcase a product, describe a concept and generate a call to action.
This intensive three-day certificate workshop provides hands-on training in all aspects of video storytelling, from planning through production. In addition to learning the basics of video production, you will learn critical storytelling skills, essential to creating videos that are effective and meaningful.
The Video Storytelling Workshop is designed for people who want to learn video production from beginning to end. The format of the workshop is ideal for people who thrive in intense, focused, hands-on training. During the training you will prepare and go out on a supported field assignment, produce and post a final video.
You will learn:
- Storyboarding and other tools for turning story ideas into viable projects
- Interviewing skills
- Techniques for effective camera work and sound recording
- Video editing (with Adobe Premiere Pro CS6)
- Video compression and delivery methods to post videos to online services and Content Management Systems
The Video Storytelling Workshop delivers the same world-class training the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism provides its graduate students. This three-day workshop is an immersive experience with both seminar style and hands-on lab work. Class sizes are kept small to make time for personalized instruction. We provide video equipment and computers with editing software for your use during the workshop.
Instruction: Shaleece Haas award-winning documentary filmmaker, multimedia journalist and kdmcBerkeley lead instructor.
When: March 24-26, 2014 from 8:30 am to 4:00 pm daily.
Where: University of California, Berkeley, near San Francisco. Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall map
What People Are Saying: " This intense three-day workshop kicked my existing video skills up a notch. The instructors were very knowledgeable and passionate about the craft. I really liked the all-encompassing content that had us learning top tips for shooting, recording and editing; then getting out in the field to capture footage and sound; and then incorporating it into a video package with video, still photos, audio and more. "
– Suzanne Hurt, July 2012 Video for Storytellers Workshop.
- This is an introductory course, no previous video experience is required
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Proficiency in English (All instruction is delivered in English)
Please see Frequently Asked Questions for information on lodging options.
Questions: Please contact Vicki Hammarstedt via phone at 510.642.3892 or email email@example.com
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $250.00 cancellation fee.
- We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of kdmcBerkeley administration.
- The kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.