Hardly seems like a month has passed since the launch of freeDive
. We’re pleased at how quickly it has caught on and that it’s in use, especially as an experimental product.
Here are a few examples:
freeDive tips and tricks
Check out this tutorial
for techniques to get the most out of freeDive. It includes preloading
results on a page, embedding images and links
and using live data
. If there’s something else that you want, be sure to let us know in the comments. We’ll add more items as time permits.
A big round of thanks goes out to everyone who offered feedback and support. It helped us build a list of changes and features that we want to implement. Some changes are already in place and others will take place over the next few months. Here’s a look at what you can expect:
- Make headline editable – Done
- Make numeric search optional – Done
- Make explanatory text editable – Within 30 days
- Create option for search button that alternates between “Search” and “See all records” if no search terms are entered. – Done
- Create pulldown options for primary search – Expected in Beta version
- Make the second and third filters optional. – Done
- Allow each filter to be changed to any type (numeric slider, pick list or text filter). – Done
- Create loading message for users when requesting a large number of records. – Done
- Charting options: Ability to draw bar, scatter plots and other graphs dynamically based on search results. – Bar and bubble charts are done. More are in the works
- International language support (some special characters cause freeDive to break). – Expected in Beta version.