ADVANCED VIDEO EDITING
ABOUT ADVANCED VIDEO EDITING
In this two-day graduate-level certificate course you will take your editing skills to the next level. Using Adobe professional editing software, Premiere CC 2018, you’ll learn a host of tips and techniques to make your videos stand our from the crowd!
This workshop is by application only. Please review the prerequisites listed in the Requirements section of this page.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Best workflow practice – including new proxies allowing 4K video edits on a laptop.
- An array of timeline editing techniques & shortcuts to vastly improve your efficiency. These include advanced trimming, using markers, match frames, slip/slide edits and nesting.
- Effects techniques, including master vs clip level, masking, bezier keyframe, time remapping, adjustment layers, basic compositing including opacity blending modes, how to optimize built-in effects and third-party plug-ins.
- Audio mixing techniques, including sub-mixes, cleaning up audio, and when to use effects like gates, compressors and EQ.
- Finishing, including titling, grading, round-tripping to other Adobe software, exporting settings and encoding.
The instructor will allow you ample time to allow you to get hands-on practice with your own material and be on hand to assist with troubleshooting and for creative inspiration.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This workshop is ideal for experienced videographers, content creators, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, publishers, educators, and web producers.
Maxim Jago is an Adobe Master Trainer, and the author of the official Adobe Premiere Pro Classroom in a Book. He’s an Avid Certified Instructor, and a Grass Valley EDIUS Master Trainer. He creates many of the official training tutorials for Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer, and writes the official classroom book for Grass Valley EDIUS – he has created over 1,800 video tutorials describing post-production workflows. Maxim is also an award winning fiction filmmaker, and Chief Futurist at GameFace Labs, developing next-generation VR experiences. He presents regularly at international media events, has trained editors all around the world, and has taught everyone from schoolchildren to university professors, from ABC’s top editors in Australia to the BBC’s tech gurus in England. He seems to live mostly in the air but officially calls London, England home. Visit his website at http://www.maximjago.com/.
$945 USD. Space is limited and the course fills up quickly.
March 13-14, 2019, 8:45 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Instruction begins promptly at 9:00 a.m. Morning coffee and catered networking lunch provided.
Advanced Video Editing & Storytelling workshop will take place at:
UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism
121 North Gate Hall
Berkeley, CA USA 94720
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 510-642-3892
- This is an advanced level workshop. Prerequisite: all participants must have working knowledge of the techniques presented in the 10 Premiere Pro Get Started tutorials: https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/view-all-tutorials.html#!get-started
- All participants must bring their own WIFI-ready laptop for use during this workshop. Please see our laptop specifications for further technical requirements. You must upgrade your operating system to the latest version before attending the course.
- You must be fluent in the basics of Adobe Premiere. If you are a beginner, please see our Adobe Premiere tutorial.
- You will need to sign up for a 7-day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere and After Effects) for use during the course.
- Before the course begins, you will be invited to a collaborative Box folder where the assets for the course will be stored. Please download the assets before the course begins, as these are large files that will take time.
- Optional: external hard drive to store large video files. Format your drive for Mac or PC.
- Please bring a pair of headphones to work with.
- The workshop is an intermediate to advanced graduate level workshop. Please contact us if you have questions about the pace or content.
- Participants must be comfortable with technical subjects and learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English
QUESTIONS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Where should I stay?
Where should I park?
The closest parking to North Gate Hall, where Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is located, is the Lower Hearst Parking Garage. For public parking, you must enter on the second floor via Scenic Ave and park next to a gold pillar. Many spots in this garage are permit parking only, so please be vigilant of posted signs. Parking is $2/hr, max $20/day.
Another option for parking is the Stadium Parking Garage, located under Maxwell Field and between California Memorial Stadium and the Greek Theater. Parking here is $25/day with variable hourly rates.
For more information on different parking garages around campus, visit the UC Berkeley Parking and Transportation website.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com.
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
- If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
Can I transfer to a different workshop if I change my mind?
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org prior to making any changes. Change requests do not apply to request made 15-days prior to the workshop start date.