In this two-day graduate-level certificate course you will take your editing skills to the next level. Using Adobe professional editing software, Premiere CC 2020, you’ll learn a host of tips and techniques to make your videos stand out from the crowd!
This workshop is by application only. A maximum of 20 participants are permitted into the course. Please review the prerequisites listed in the Requirements section of this page.
In this workshop you will learn:
- Best workflow practice – including new proxies allowing 4K video edits on a laptop.
- An array of timeline editing techniques & shortcuts to vastly improve your efficiency. These include advanced trimming, using markers, match frames, slip/slide edits and nesting.
- Effects techniques, including master vs clip level, masking, bezier keyframe, time remapping, adjustment layers, basic compositing including opacity blending modes, how to optimize built-in effects and third-party plug-ins.
- Audio mixing techniques, including sub-mixes, cleaning up audio, and when to use effects like gates, compressors and EQ.
- Finishing, including titling, grading, round-tripping to other Adobe software, exporting settings and encoding.
The instructor will allow you ample time to allow you to get hands-on practice with your own material and be on hand to assist with troubleshooting and for creative inspiration.
Who Should Attend?
This workshop is ideal for experienced videographers, content creators, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, publishers, educators, and web producers.
The course was intense and great! The instructor was funny, brilliant and engaging.
Sr. Multimedia Consultant
The class was very well done and accurate instruction to the course explanation online. I'm very enthused by having such a well versed instructor & looking forward to more!
Social Media Lead in Public Affairs
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
Maxim Jago is an Adobe Master Trainer, and the author of the official Adobe Premiere Pro Classroom in a Book. He’s an Avid Certified Instructor, and a Grass Valley EDIUS Master Trainer. He creates many of the official training tutorials for Adobe Premiere Pro and Avid Media Composer, and writes the official classroom book for Grass Valley EDIUS – he has created over 1,800 video tutorials describing post-production workflows. Maxim is also an award winning fiction filmmaker, and Chief Futurist at GameFace Labs, developing next-generation VR experiences. He presents regularly at international media events, has trained editors all around the world, and has taught everyone from schoolchildren to university professors, from ABC’s top editors in Australia to the BBC’s tech gurus in England. He seems to live mostly in the air but officially calls London, England home.
We encourage team work! Bring a colleague or friend and receive additional tuition discounts. Contact Alexandre Bui at email@example.com for more information.
- This is an advanced level workshop. Prerequisite: all participants must have working knowledge of the techniques presented in the 10 Premiere Pro Get Started tutorials.
- All participants must bring their own WiFi-ready laptop for use during this workshop. Lenovo laptops are strongly discouraged due to performance issues with Adobe software. If you need to rent our laptop for any reason, it will be an additional $45 per day of rental.
- You must be fluent in the basics of Adobe Premiere. If you are a beginner, please see our Adobe Premiere tutorial.
- You will need to sign up for a 7-day trial of Adobe Creative Cloud (Premiere and After Effects) for use during the course.
- Before the course begins, you will be invited to a collaborative Box folder where the assets for the course will be stored. Please download the assets before the course begins, as these are large files that will take time.
- Optional: external hard drive to store large video files. Format your drive for Mac or PC.
- Please bring a pair of headphones to work with.
- The workshop is an intermediate to advanced graduate level workshop. Please contact us if you have questions about the pace or content.
- Participants must be comfortable with technical subjects and learning in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in English