Make an impact, increase engagement and make a business out of your passion. You have the skills for creating narrative audio stories, now it is time to put them to use. Gain valuable insight from industry experts on how to build and grow a podcast.
In this two-session mini-course, you’ll learn about the business side of podcasting—with guidance on podcast planning and development, naming and branding, creating a content strategy, building an audience, choosing a hosting platform and monetizing your podcast.
The two-session course will be held Tuesday, October 5th & Thursday, October 7th from 3:00-4:30pm PST.
To check for your local time zone, use this handy Time Zone Converter.
- Learn the fundamentals of podcast planning.
- Gain best practices of podcast branding, marketing and promotion.
- Learn about the different types of hosting platforms and the services they provide.
- Gain insight into how podcast advertising works.
- Learn about marketing, promotion, identifying and building your audience, and monetizing your podcast.
Who Should Attend?
Podcasters, new media managers, podcasters, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, journalism educators, journalists, editors, and web producers.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
Roifield Brown is an experienced podcaster and media strategist, with an impressive track record of helping companies enhance and grow their media properties to diverse audiences across a wide range of categories, including politics, history, culture and entertainment. After working in pop promos, TV production and running a large UK website, Roifield turned his professional attention to creating a podcast series How Jamaica Conquered the World in 2012. The first episode was awarded the accolade of iTunes podcast of the week in May 2012. Roifield currently produces 10 American Presidents, Dumteedum, Map Corner, Mid Atlantic, How Jamaica Conquered the World and Intelligent Speech, which cumulatively have amassed over 5 million downloads.
- This is an introductory online course; no previous podcasting experience is required.
- This mini-course will be completely live and online. We will be hosting this course via Zoom Video Conferencing. To prepare for this course, please download Zoom in advance. The sessions will not be made available as recordings after the session.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English).
Cancellation & Refund Policy
You may cancel your online course for a full refund of fees paid less 10%. The request for cancellation must be made no later than 10 days in advance of the course start date and provided in writing to email@example.com. We are unable to refund fees for registrations cancelled within 10 days of the start of the online course.
There are no transfers allowed with this mini-course.