Visualizing Data with Google API
Creating richer, more rewarding interactive experiences for your audience is one of the primary goals of advanced data visualization. Google’s Application Program Interfaces (APIs) allow you to customize your users interactions using visualization tools such as Google Chart Tools and Google Fusion Tables.
- Learn to load APIs into an HTML page.
- Load data from Google Spreadsheets and Fusion Tables.
- Make data and/or visualizations searchable and filterable.
InstructionLed by Len De Groot, Berkeley Advanced Media Institute’s Interactive Design and Data Instructor at the UC Berkeley Graduate School of Journalism and freeDive designer-innovator.
AgendaAGENDA Coming Soon.
WhenApril 5-6, 2013 from 8:30 am to 4:30 pm daily.
WhereUniversity of California, Berkeley, near San Francisco. Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall. Map
TuitionRegistration is closed for this workshop.
- Completion of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute’s Data Visualization Certificate workshop OR 1) Experience creating charts using Google Spreadsheet and 2) experience working with the Google Fusion Tables web application and 3) a basic understanding of HTML and CSS
- Proficiency in English.
Additional informationTravel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
QuestionsPlease contact Vicki Hammarstedt via phone at 510.642.3892 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email or fax 15 days prior to the start of the program. A $175.00 fee will be assessed for canceled registrations.
- Cancellation notices received 14 days or less from the start of the program will result in a credit toward attendance at a future Berkeley Advanced Media Institute training program. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.