Digital Media Skills Certificate
Empowering the next generation of digital media storytellers. This intensive 9-week graduate level certificate program focuses on the strategic implementation and production of digital media content for a web facing and mobile-first audience.
You’ll experience best practices for telling stories to an online audience—through social media, on the web and to a mobile audience. You’ll learn to engage with video, digital photography, audio recordings, and data visualizations. You’ll have the tools and storytelling skills to produce, edit and post content 24/7. This includes having the skills to code or use tools for quick production. We’ll also teach you what metrics are important in determining engagement and how to market your product or personal brand. Upon completion of this program, participants will have the knowledge and tools necessary to apply their new skill set immediately to their profession.
In this certificate program you will:
- Learn to choose the best media for telling stories on multiple digital platforms
- Develop strategies for multimedia production and delivery on mobile devices
- Learn to develop the narrative in your digital story
- Understand storyform and how to develop creative visual stories
- Produce visual content and learn to edit video and photos culminating in a video/photo project
- Become skilled in creating quality audio for videos or podcasts that engage audiences
- Learn to create interactive data visualizations, charts, graphs and maps to tell stories
- Become versed in the fundamentals of coding: HTML, and CSS for efficient editing
- Create compelling social media content for community engagement
- Learn best practices for on-camera interviewing and developing your own on-camera presence
- Produce a final digital media project by pulling together all newly learned skills
- Return to your organization with a new understanding and appreciation of the technologies changing the storytelling medium, as well as a new set of skills that will make you a fluent, active and engaging digital media content producer
- Plus! Earn Continuing Education Units (CEU’s) from the University of California, Berkeley
Who Should Attend: This is ideal for all content creators, journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, educators and web producers.
Presentations by world-class trainers, award winning journalists and new media industry leaders.
October- December 2015 Schedule coming soon.
University of California, Berkeley, near San Francisco. Graduate School of Journalism, North Gate Hall. Map
- This is a intermediate course.
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software.
- A WiFi ready laptop.
- Basic computer literacy and skills.
- Proficiency with English.
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please contact Vicki Hammarstedt via phone at 510.642.3892 or email email@example.com
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $225.00 cancellation fee.We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of kdmcBerkeley administration.
- The kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.