Design Thinking For Innovation
Large companies, non-profit organizations, leading media organizations, and governments around the world are using human centered design (or design thinking) to address some of their most challenging problems. By using a human-centered way of thinking, many of the most creative and innovative products and services in the world have been developed.
In this workshop, led by Rey Duarte, IDEO trained facilitator, you will learn how to apply the IDEO (the leader and founding company of design thinking) methodology for Design Thinking as a creative approach to problem solving, and innovation when developing new products, services, and experiences. This one-day workshop is a hands-on, interactive learning and doing experience on design thinking .
As an active participant you will learn the process of design thinking and be able to apply this to innovation within your organization or on a personal project or problem you would like to solve.
Participants will engage in the three major aspects of design thinking: inspiration, ideation, and implementation.
Takeaways from this one-day workshop:
- how design thinking applies to services, products or customer experiences
- developing creative methods for conducting people-centered research
- how to frame a design challenge that address a problem in your industry or organization
- applying the process for generating lots of user-centered ideas
- prototyping ideas cheaply and quickly
- how to iterate quickly on your ideas with user feedback
- creating a roadmap for applying design thinking to a project or challenge you’re working on
Stimulating & helpful in breaking down barriers to creative thinking. This is a good practical introduction that you can take back to work & implement.
Who Should Attend?
Entrepreneurs, visionaries, and anyone interested in a new approach to problem solving, creativity and innovation.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
We encourage team work! Bring a colleague or friend and receive additional tuition discounts. Contact Alexandre Bui at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
September 18, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Morning coffee and catered networking lunch provided.
Requirements & Prerequisites
- This is an introductory course; no previous experience is required.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English).
Questions & Additional Information
• Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com.
• Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $175.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
• Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
• Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
• If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at advancedmedia@journalism.
In-depth information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page. No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.
September 24 - November 21, 2019
October 2-3, 2019
October 7 - November 20, 2019
October 10-11, 2019
October 17-18, 2019
November 9-10, 2019
January 6-10, 2020
January 7-10, 2020
January 13-14, 2020
New Date Coming Soon