human centered design workshop
Applying Design Thinking To Problem Solving & Innovation
“Design thinking is a human centered and collaborative approach to problem solving using a design mindset to solve complex problems” from Tim Brown IDEO CEO and president.
In this workshop, led by an IDEO trained facilitator, you will learn how to apply the IDEO methodology for Design Thinking as a creative approach to problem solving and innovation for new products, services, and experiences.
Fortune 100 companies, prominent non-profit organizations, leading media organizations, and governments around the world are using human centered design (or design thinking) to address some of their most challenging problems. By using a human-centered way of thinking, many of the most creative and innovative products and services in the world have been developed.
This one-day workshop is a hands-on, interactive learning and doing experience on Design Thinking with an experienced practitioner from IDEO (the leader and founding company of design thinking).
As an active participant you will go through the process of design thinking and end the session by coming up with a plan to take on a project or problem you would like to solve – in your own organization.
Participants will engage in the three major aspects of design thinking: inspiration, ideation, and implementation.
Takeaways from this one-day workshop:
- how design thinking applies to services, products or customer experiences
- developing creative methods for conducting people-centered research
- how to frame a design challenge that address a problem in your industry or organization
- applying the process for generating lots of user-centered ideas
- prototyping ideas cheaply and quickly
- how to iterate quickly on your ideas with user feedback
- creating a roadmap for applying design thinking to a project or challenge you’re working on
Who Should Attend
Entrepreneurs, visionaries, and anyone interested in a new approach to problem solving, creativity and innovation.
LEAD INSTRUCTOR & AGENDA
To Be Announced
New Dates Coming Soon.
- This is an introductory course; no previous experience is required.
- Basic computer literacy and skills. Your computer must be up to date with the latest operating system before the start of this course.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English)
QUESTIONS & ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
Where should I stay?
Where should I park?
The closest parking to North Gate Hall, where Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is located, is the Lower Hearst Parking Garage. For public parking, you must enter on the second floor via Scenic Ave and park next to a gold pillar. Many spots in this garage are permit parking only, so please be vigilant of posted signs. Parking is $2/hr, max $20/day.
Another option for parking is the Stadium Parking Garage, located under Maxwell Field and between California Memorial Stadium and the Greek Theater. Parking here is $25/day with variable hourly rates.
For more information on different parking garages around campus, visit the UC Berkeley Parking and Transportation website.
What is your cancellation and refund policy?
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $125.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
- If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
Can I transfer to a different workshop if I change my mind?
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at email@example.com prior to making any changes. Change requests do not apply to request made 15-days prior to the workshop start date.