Mobile Media: Producing visual stories with the iphone
Mobile Media: Producing Visual Stories with the iPhone
The iPhone is able to shoot amazing high definition video, act as a basic editing suite, apply professional-looking finishes and then instantly distribute the material around the globe. Communication professionals, from journalists to social media acolytes, are now ditching bulky video kits to rely on Apple’s pocket rocket . The question, though, is how to overcome its inherent limitations and transform it into the ultimate ally.
This two-day certificate workshop provides all skills necessary for shooting quality video on your iPhone. We’ll take you through how to capture key moments from events, product launches, conferences and interviews to publishing on social networks or your website. You’ll work hands-on with experienced TV and online content producers to learn foolproof techniques for capturing professional looking videos on your iPhone.
You Will Learn
- Best practice for shooting, editing and producing video on an iPhone
- To develop a story for video including storyboarding techniques
- Best-in-class interviewing techniques from world-class reporters
- Tips for choosing video locations, lighting, and audio
- To edit your video on the mobile device for quick publishing
- The basics of editing on Adobe Premier Pro for a polished, professional look
- To compress files for uploading to social networks or websites
Who Should Attend
Journalists, editors, new media managers, media professionals, content marketers, communications and PR, journalism educators and web producers.
Richard Taylor BBC North American technology correspondent based in Bay Area and creator of the BBC’s global technology brand, ‘Click’, broadcast in the UK and on TV in English and other language services. Richard’s experience with creating video on the mobile phone includes shooting entire TV news reports on his iPhone and in-person interviews with film director, James Cameron and web inventor, Tim Berners Lee.
June 8-9, 2015 from 8:30 – 4:30 daily.
Graduate School of Journalism, University of California Berkeley, near San Francisco. Map
$825 USD. Register before May 1, 2015 for a 10% discount. Discount automatically applied during registration.
- This is an introductory course; no previous video experience is required
- iPhone 4s or higher with iOS8
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English)
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Please contact Flynn May via phone at 510.642.6049 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com .
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $250.00 cancellation fee.
- We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of kdmcBerkeley administration.
- The kdmcBerkeley reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of kdmcBerkeley. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- The kdmcBerkeley will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The kdmcBerkeley is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.