Mobile Media: Producing visual stories with the iphone
Mobile Media: Producing Visual Stories with the iPhone
The iPhone is able to shoot amazing high definition video, act as a basic editing suite, apply professional-looking finishes and then instantly distribute the material around the globe. Communication professionals, from journalists to social media acolytes, are now ditching bulky video kits to rely on Apple’s pocket rocket . The question, though, is how to overcome its inherent limitations and transform it into the ultimate ally.
This two-day certificate workshop provides all skills necessary for shooting quality video on your iPhone. We’ll take you through how to capture key moments from events, product launches, conferences and interviews to publishing on social networks or your website. You’ll work hands-on with experienced TV and online content producers to learn foolproof techniques for capturing professional looking videos on your iPhone.
What You’ll Learn at the Two-day Workshop:
- Best practice for shooting, editing and producing video on an iPhone
- To develop a story for video including storyboarding techniques
- Best-in-class interviewing techniques from world-class reporters
- Tips for choosing video locations, lighting, and audio
- To edit your video on the mobile device for quick publishing
- The basics of editing on iMovie and MoviePro for a polished, professional look
- To compress files for uploading to social networks or websites
- The secrets to creating video that resonates with a mobile audience!
Who Should Attend
Content Creators, Journalists, Editors, New Media Managers, Media Professionals, Content Marketers, Communications and PR, Educators and Web Producers.
Richard Taylor BBC North American technology correspondent based in Bay Area, founder of SuperRich Media and creator of the BBC’s global technology brand, ‘Click’, broadcast in the UK and on TV in English and other language services. Richard’s experience with creating video on the mobile phone includes shooting entire TV news reports on his iPhone and in-person interviews with film director, James Cameron and web inventor, Tim Berners Lee.
June 29-30, 2016 from 8:30am to 4:30pm daily.
$845 USD. 10% early registration discount automatically applied when you register before May 30, 2016.
- This is an introductory course; no previous video experience is required
- iPhone 5 or higher with iOS9
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software
- Basic computer literacy and skills
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English)
Travel, lodging and other information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page.
No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.
Please contact Diane Villadsen by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 510.642.6049.
- Cancellations must be received in writing by email to email@example.com
- Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee.We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
- Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
- Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
- The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
- Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.