Mobile Media: Producing Visual Stories With Your iPhone
Your iPhone is able to shoot amazing high definition video, act as a basic editing suite, apply professional-looking finishes and then instantly distribute the material around the globe. Communication professionals, from journalists to social media acolytes, are now ditching bulky video kits to rely on Apple’s pocket rocket . The question, though, is how to overcome its inherent limitations and transform it into the ultimate ally.
This two-day certificate workshop provides all skills necessary for shooting quality video on your iPhone. We’ll take you through how to capture key moments from events, product launches, conferences and interviews to publishing on social networks or your website. You’ll work hands-on with experienced TV and online content producers to learn foolproof techniques for capturing professional looking videos on your iPhone.
What you’ll learn at the two-day workshop:
- Best practices for producing, shooting, and editing video on an iPhone
- The ins and outs of using the Filmic Pro app for more controlled shooting
- How to develop a story for video including storyboarding techniques
- Best-in-class interviewing techniques from world-class reporters
- Tips for choosing video locations and how to optimize lighting, and audio
- How to edit your video on the mobile device for quick publishing
- The basics of editing on iMovie along with techniques
- How to upload to social networks or websites from your mobile device
- The best apps to use for giving added polish to your footage and edits
- The secrets to creating video that resonates with a mobile audience!
This course was very helpful in refreshing basic principles I had learned in college a few years ago, and most importantly, taught me new techniques that will enable me to create higher quality content.
Media & Communications Coordinator
I'm walking out of the class with concrete tools, ideas, and I'm motivated to start creating and editing! Richard is a fantastic teacher. His own life experience and professional acumen make him the best instructor for this course.
Instructors & Facilitators
Instructors subject to change.
October 17-18, 2019
9:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Morning coffee and catered networking lunch provided.
Requirements & Prerequisites
- This is an introductory course; no previous video experience is required.
- iPhone 5 or higher with iOS10 or higher.
- You will need to download iMovie and purchase the FilmicPro app from the App Store. FilmicPro is listed as $14.99 at the time of this writing.
- It is essential that your iPhone has at least 3GB of free space to be able to shoot adequate footage in the course. Take a look at our tips for freeing up space on your phone.
- Comfortable with learning new equipment and software.
- Basic computer literacy and skills.
- Proficiency in English (instruction is delivered in English).
Questions & Additional Information
• Cancellations must be received in writing by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Cancellations made up to 15 days prior to the start of the program registered for will receive a refund of all monies less the $275.00 cancellation fee. We are unable to refund any fees for registrations cancelled within two weeks of the start of training.
• Failure to appear for the training will result in forfeiture of the full course fee.
• Changes to the registration at anytime are only by approval of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute administration.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute reserves the right to cancel or reschedule training due to low enrollment or other unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of Berkeley Advanced Media Institute. In this case, applicants are entitled to a full refund of the program fee.
• The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute will advise applicants at the earliest opportunity of changes to schedule program. The Berkeley Advanced Media Institute is not responsible for travel fees, or any expenses incurred as a result of cancelled programs.
• If you purchased your class through CourseHorse, then our Refund & Cancellation policy applies to your purchase.
We currently do not offer transfer option between workshops. However, you may cancel the current workshop to receive a full refund less the cancellation fee and enroll in the preferred course. Please contact us directly at advancedmedia@journalism.
In-depth information can be found on our Frequently Asked Questions page. No video or audio recordings of the materials presented are permitted in any workshop.
September 18, 2019
September 24 - November 21, 2019
October 2-3, 2019
October 7 - November 20, 2019
October 10-11, 2019
November 9-10, 2019
January 6-10, 2020
January 7-10, 2020
January 13-14, 2020
New Date Coming Soon